Tuesday 26 May 2015

Young and old in the South East

On the Sunday afternoon and evening of my visit to the Hastings, Bexhill and Rye circuit, I joined in an all-age worship workshop at Pett Methodist church. There were many activities on offer: crafts, drama, prayer writing, dance and movement. The theme was the coming of the Spirit, and the way the Spirit brings colour and life. In the evening the workshop members presented the worship, and I preached the sermon. The congregation filled the little chapel to bursting point, and we had a great time of worship together.















On the Tuesday, I met members of the Anna Chaplaincy team, who seek to promote spiritual wellbeing amongst the elderly. And I had the privilege of meeting BobWeighton, who told me the fascinating story of his life as a missionary in Taiwan before the Second World War. At 107 years old, is he Britain's oldest Methodist?


No comments: