Sunday 16 March 2014

Glimpses of Glory in Lent - Day 12

'On receiving thanks' is the title of today's meditation. (Barefoot Prayers by Stephen Cherry).

Today I have been thanked.

I have spent the day in the Newcastle Upon Tyne District of the Methodist Church.
I preached in Milfield Church and then I was given lunch before going to Kielder. We walked to the source of the North Tyne and there we prayed for all those communities through which the river flowed.
Later in the afternoon over 100 people gathered in Kielder Castle for an act of worship and I enjoyed the privilege of presenting long service certificates to several Local Preachers.

I have had a really good day.

People have thanked me for being there - I hope I have received the thanks graciously.

I thank God for the gifts I have received today.


No comments: