Friday 27 April 2012

South East District



Two or three “firsts” during my visit to the South East District.  I don’t think:-


1)  I’ve ever sat in on another District Synod before – I’ve exchanged the Newcastle one for three others including Channel Islands tomorrow!  Fascinating and good to pick up ideas to re-cycle in the north!

2)  I’ve ever preached in a church that the Queen has re-opened before as I did at Windsor!  A service incidentally that reminded me again of Prevenient Grace – I might tell you sometime!    

3)  I've ever spoken at a church which has an underground car-park as at Redhill!


A good visit with some welcoming people and challenging questions but which I shall remember most I think for the hour I spent with Kenneth Greet – just out of hospital after having been seriously ill but still full of kindness and faith as well as taking a keen interest in the life of our church (and the tea was good as well!)  Him praying for me was very very humbling.


By the time you read this I shall be island-hopping between Guernsey, Alderney, Herm and Sark (in four days!) for Synods, visits and services before a few days break as I prepare to celebrate a significant birthday.  3 score years!  A rail card!  Yippee!

No comments: