Thursday 13 May 2010

Culford School, May 12th-13th

Last week, during my visit to the Plymouth and Exeter District, I visited two of the Methodist schools, Queens College Taunton and Shebbear College. Now on the other side of the country I have also revisited Culford School, in the East Anglia District. It's a pretty amazing site, with excellent facilities.

My visit coincided with the annual consultation for Chairs of Governors of Methodist Schools. Having lunched together, we went to the School Assembly, at which I had been asked to speak. I much enjoyed the music - particularly the piano accompaniment to the last verse of our hymn and a choir piece written by one of the students. After the Assembly, we were taken on a tour of the school by senior students. In the evening the Chairs of Governors were joined by several Culford Governors for a formal dinner at which I gave the after-dinner speech. Hopefully, a good time was had by all. I certainly enjoyed my visit.

No comments: