Monday 21 December 2009

Home for Christmas

Unless something totally unpredictable happens over the next few days, I am assuming this will be my last post on the Blog until the New Year. This has been my first weekend at home for several months, and it's been great.

On Saturday I made my first visit of this season to Old Deer Park (next to Kew Gardens) to watch London Welsh play rugby. They won, 30-24. Most years I buy a season ticket but I haven't done so this year as I'm rarely in London on Saturdays. I have to admit that in my absence (but, hopefully, not due to it) the team seems to be doing rather better than usual!

Then on Sunday I was the tenor section in Muswell Hill Methodist choir for their carol service. This year's service was particularly interesting as we concentrated simply on Matthew's version of the nativity story, with additional material from Trevor Dennis's excellent 'The Christmas Stories'.


I'm now looking forward to presiding at the midnight communion on Christmas Eve (with our minister, Andy Dart, preaching) and then playing the organ for the Christmas morning service. This will be followed by Christmas at home with our family and friends. Hence the title of this posting on the Blog, 'home for Christmas'. But if this had been a sermon rather than a Blog I might have explored how the title relates to John 1.


I wish you a happy and peaceful Christmas and look forward to an exciting new year. My travels start on January 4th - Ghana!

No comments: