Sunday 10 May 2009

From Stoke to Brown Knowl








The President has already written about the Discovery Day at The Potter's House (top) and the splendind World Church event at Congleton (middle).
On the Sunday morning of our visit I preached at Brown Knowl (bottom) a pretty village near Whitchurch visited by John Wesley; and in the evening at Runcorn where beforehand I was able to share in a frank discussion with members of the Circuit about the issues facing the area in the current recession. I was impressed by their determination to try to serve their local community in what are tough circumstances all round. I was also pleased and surprised to see one of my predecessors, Eluned Williams ,in the congregation - these formerVice-Presidents pop up all over the place!







No comments: