Sunday 16 March 2008

Action packed weekend in East Anglia


Just through the door after a weekend in East Anglia. I hadn't realised I knew so many people there and it was great to renew old acquaintances and make new ones. On Saturday I led a session at Thetford Methodist Church and then met with a group in Sudbury who had visited or had connections with the Church of Northern India Diocese of Durgapur which I had visited last year. Then hot foot to Ipswich for the anniversary dinner at Museum Street Methodist Church where I was the after dinner speaker. The 147th anniversary. Today I preached at the morning service and after lunch went to look around the MHA home, Norwood and met with a number of residents. Then this evening I led a Circuit Agape service where we shared food and fellowship and testimony as people shared with the whole group and with those on their small tables. Who said Cafe style church was a new idea - just back to the days of the New Testament Church.
Thank you to all of the people who helped to make it a great weekend and offered such wonderful hospitality. Home tired but enriched and off to bed.

No comments: