Monday 4 February 2008

Saturday night and Sunday morning


As Martyn says we had a great time on Saturday then on Saturday evening we went on to separate events.

I was taken by Ashley Cooper to Blythe Bridge where a group of youth leaders with representatives from their groups came together for dinner and a "Question time" type panel. Simon, a minister in the Circuit with great experience in Youth work, Tim, a young person from Blythe Bridge, Bethany, a young person from Ashley's church and I were the panel and we considered questions about what would encourage us to bring friends to Church to how we share the gospel and the commitment of the Methodist Church to young people's work. Pretty challenging.

On Sunday I was picked up from the District Manse and taken to Cheadle, Staffordshire to preach at the morning worship. It was also good to see the work that is being done in the pre-school and through the Homelink Scheme which is a voluntary organisation working to befriend and support the elderly and housebound in the Staffordshire Moorlands. Great work and great people. I was taken for lunch in local woodlands which was beautiful.

On Sunday evening I was whisked off to Wesley Avenue in the Sandbach and Alsager Circuit where we had a Circuit event in the form of an agape service, sharing in food and fellowship together in what I found to be a very moving way. Then I left to catch the train and was home before midnight - so avoiding turning into a pumpkin!

What a great weekend. There are many things which will stay with me from that visit and as I travelled into work this morning I found I had much to ponder over.

No comments: